Home » About » Aims and Objectives
Aims and Objectives
The objectives of the University shall be to disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional, research and expansion facilities to the promotion of Sanskrit Language and such other branches of learning as it amy deem fit; to make special provisions for integrated courses in humanities, social sciences and science in its educational Government; to take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research; to educate and train manpower for the overall development, promotion, preservation and research in the field of Sanskrit and Sanskrit traditional subjects.
To achieve its objectives, the University performs the following functions and activities :-
- To undertake, aid, promote, coordinate research in all branches of Sanskrit learning including teachers' training and manuscriptology, to bring out inter-linkage with the outcome of modern research in the contextually relevant fields and bring out publications.
- To establish, take over and administer Campuses in various parts of the country and to associate with any other institutions with similar objectives.
- To serve as central administrative machinery for the management of all the Campuses established or taken over by and to provide effective coordination in their academic work in order to facilitate the interchangeability and migration of staff, students and research scholars and national division of work among the Campuses in specialized fields.
- To act as nodal agency for Govt. of India to implement their policies and programmes for the development of Sanskrit.
- To provide instructions and training in such branches of learning as it may deem fit.
- To facilitate research and for the advancement of and dissemination of knowledge.
- To undertake extra mural studies, extension programmes and field outreach activities to contribute to the development of society.
- To do all such other acts and things as may be necessary or desirable to further objectives of the University.
To conduct distance learning programmes through Muktaswadhyayapeetham
- To promote development of Pali and Prakrit languages.